Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2012 Port-de-Paix, Haiti Mission Trip



2012 Port-de-Paix, Haiti Mission Trip




Dear Friends and Family,

I hope this letter finds you well, and that you have enjoyed your summer. While I was able to spend some extra time with my family, I did spend some time preparing for the new school year. This school year presents a new and exciting opportunity for me in that I will be helping missionary teachers in Haiti as they begin their new year with their students.

I have been asked by Southland Christian Church to be part of a short-term missions work team in Port-de-Paix, Haiti. We will be working with Sonlight Ministries' teachers and students. We will arrive on October 13th and return October 20th. I am so excited to have the opportunity to use my teaching skills on the mission field! Sonlight Academy is a K-12 English emersion school established to educate students in a Biblical environment in order to provide Haitian children opportunities they otherwise would not have. In addition, we will be visiting an orphanage and the House of Hope, a home for terminally ill children.

While I will be traveling and serving with 6 team members, I invite you also to be a part of this trip. I believe that all people can be involved in missions, even without going out on the field. I would be honored if you would be my prayer partner. I will provide specific prayer needs before the trip as we prepare, during the trip, and after our return.

Our team has been asked to raise $1,700.00 for airfare, lodging, and transportation. If you are in a season of life in which your budget is tight, please do not feel obligated to give financially. Your prayer support is greatly appreciated. If you are in a season in life in which you are blessed financially, and you feel led to help in this way, we will greatly appreciate it.

I am so excited about being a part of this team and anticipate the incredible opportunities to serve in education abroad. Thank you in advance for your prayers, support, and encouragement.

Love,
Sarah

For financial support:
Checks or money orders made payable to Southland Christian Church

For your contribution to be tax deductible do NOT put my name in the memo line (IRS prohibits church finance office from giving you tax credit for donations designated to individuals).

Mail check or money order to:
Sarah Moll
110 Hemingway Place
Georgetown, KY 40324

Copied w/permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment