Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Church Needs More Sexy Men


The Church Needs More Sexy Men



If you have read this blog before, then you already know that I have a YouTube channel that I have in place as a ministry in service for the Kingdom of God. Always looking for material to post on my channel, I decided to post a clip of the Royal Wedding. 


Like most Americans, I did not bask in the coverage of the event. I did, however, see Kate Middleton's brother - James Middleton reading a passage from Romans. I thought Middleton did a wonderful job at reading the passage. With so much irreverence in the world that is directed at God, scripture and the Bible,  I found it refreshing to hear scripture read with such dignity.  I wanted others to be able to enjoy this reading the same as I did when I first watched it.


I posted a video of James Middleton reading Romans 12:1, 9-18 on my Youtube channel on May 1, 2011. 

Much to my surprise, the viewership of this video skyrocketed.  It is the most successful video that I have ever posted.  Within the first four days, this video had peaked with 800 views in one day.  On May 5, 2011, this video hit an all time high of 8,300 views in a single day.  Since then, this video has dropped to 1,600 views/day, dipping to less than 400 views/day and has since then bounced back to around 1,200 views/day.  Since the starting date of my channel on December 29, 2009 - this video is already the 3rd most watched video of all of the videos since the channel has started.

Curious about the way this video was being discovered, I investigated discovery statistics.  Much to my surprise, I found that this video was getting most of its hits from a gay website in Germany.  My first reaction was to pull the video since it appears that the video isn't being watched in accordance with my original intentions.  I then reasoned that I would leave the video on the channel.  At the very least, this video is delivering scripture to an audience that is in much need of hearing it.  Who knows if they understand what they are hearing since it is being aired on a German site?


As of yesterday from checking the discovery statistics, I have found that the German site has reduced its viewership but another site in Hungary has seemed to pick up viewership a great deal.  This site seems to be aimed at women - a foreign version of "e!", if you will.

The viewership from the Hungarian site has been at such a rate that it has actually affected my channel demographic.  Since my channel's beginning, my female demographic has hovered around 25%.  Today, my female demographic viewership has increased 14% - it is now 39%.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my contention that the Church does not need flag football programs to entice the populace into churches and fill the pews.  The church does not need rockin' praise bands to entice the populace into the churches to fill the pews.  The church does not need sermons about sex to entice the populace into the churches to fill the pews.  All the Church needs is sexy men.

That's right, you heard me right.  James Middleton's video where he read Romans did not generate high viewership because of his rendition.  Middleton's video received high viewership because he is a sexy man that both women and gays find appealing.  Just today, for example, there was a comment left on this video that illustrates my point.  It reads;

"Gawd that man is sexy!"

 That's right, James Middleton is sexy and I suspect that the man could've been reading the back of cereal box and his video would've received the same amount of hits as it did when he read a passage from Romans.  

Hopefully as women and apparently men as well watch Middleton read a beautiful passage from Romans, the words of God will penetrate their soul and open their eyes to the all sustaining glory of Christ as opposed to the failing of lust as it gives birth to sin and death when its allowed to permeate the heart.  

I welcome you to watch the video below for the beauty of the message that God has delivered unto us.  Today, James Middleton was used as an instrument to deliver the message but the everlasting message of God continues to ring not only today but tomorrow and for eternity!

May it all be for His glory,



No comments:

Post a Comment